S2E9 - Pokemon: Detective Pikachu (2019)
In the ninth episode of Season 2, we gotta catch em' all in Pokemon: Detective Pikachu.
Special Guest: DJ Stormageddon (@DJ_Stormageddon)
- 2:00 DJ Stormageddon
- 3:30 The Tutorial (our 60-second plot summary)
- 5:30 What's our personal history with Pokemon
- 9:40 Where this movie starts and how we felt about the world
- 14:10 Pokemon: Detective Pikachu: The Video Game
- 21:55 How about Mr. Mime?
- 25:00 Shoutout to Psyduck
- 27:40 Unravelling the mystery
- 36:30 Did we figure out the movie's twist?
- 38:40 Critical Hits (choice user reviews from MetaCritic.com)
- 43:30 MinMax: where we cover the good/bad that we have not talked about yet
- 52:25 Our game this week: Pokemon Design: Cut or Scene
- 1:01:05 Cut or Scene: should this show be watched or skipped?
- 1:03:40 Wrap-up
Cutscenes is a seasonal podcast at the intersection of video games and TV/movies. Our ten-episode Season 2 airs from February 4th to April 8th, 2021.
Make sure to follow us on Twitter at (@cutscenes_pod) and Instagram (@cutscenes _pod) and hit the notification bell/follow/subscribe to our show on your podcast app of choice to get the latest episodes when they release!
If you like what you've heard, consider a 5-star review on your podcasting platform of choice!
Music (used under Creative Commmons): "Introduction" by Lifeformed | Intro Voiceover by DJ Stormageddon